Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Starting To Happen

About a week ago I finally decided to do everything in my power to actually start playing shows with a decent band and have some success. I knew that the first then I needed to do was call my good friend Darren. I've known him and his brother Brendan since kindergarten. They've been playing piano, guitar and drums since we were in third grade. We were in bands together from about the 8th grade until sophomore year of high school when we kind of drifted apart. So, I called and told him I had these songs that weren't half bad and asked if he wanted to jam. Of course he was more than ready, so yesterday I went over to his house. We were playing each other our songs and were both equally blown away at how good they actually were. I'm not tooting my own horn here but they have potential. He immediately said we needed to go over to his friend Cody's house where all the equipment is set up. We go there, Brendan is already there rocking out on the drums and our other friend Randy was slapping the bass, so we sit down and play our songs. We ended up jamming non-stop for almost 20 minutes, until Brendan couldn't take it anymore. We sounded almost like everything and nothing I've heard before. Needless to say I'm excited for what's ahead.
As always I'll end the blog with a song by a band/ artist I'm really into at the moment. I'm sure I've posted an Arctic Monkeys' song but here is a great quality live video of The View From The Afternoon. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment