Sunday, October 24, 2010

Writer's Block

Music can be a very fantastic thing, if you let it. If you're having a hard time communicating with your friends who are supposed to be in a band with you, it can be one of the most frustrating things in life. I've been coming up with songs in my room, and I'll play them and play them, and I'll think they're really great. Then I bring them to my friends and play them in another room and setting and they just don't feel right. I honestly don't know what it is. Is it the songs, or is it me? Am I just so self conscious about myself that I think nothing I do is any good? What makes it even more horrible is that when iI do play them for my friends,  I get no reaction. I guess maybe they don't share the same passion for it as I do. This is really stressing me out, seeing as how I'm trying to focus on that and school at the same time. I know what I need to do though. I need to start recording my songs myself again and not rely on them. It's hard work but I have the time. I need to stop being so lazy about my schoolwork and my music and I think good things will come of that.

On a lighter note I'll share with you a video of a band that I'm really into at the moment and one that you may have never heard of. I tend to like british bands more than american ones for some reason and here's one of them. It's Kasabian, and this video has an interview in the beginning so you can skip that if you're not interested and MIND BLOWING performance.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kasabian. I like the electronic sound mixed with old New Wave and Post Punk moodiness. I too like British bands more than American bands; something about the flavor of the music, I think. Their latest album from last year, West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum was awesome.

    ReplyDelete