Saturday, November 6, 2010

Getting That Deal

Getting a record deal can be one of the greatest accomplishments of any artist or band. I could only imagine what it feels like to one day be working at a job you most likely hate, for a boss you most likely despise, and the next day get the opportunity to make records and go on tours. That is without a question my dream scenario. I can't think of a better job. Especially for someone like me who loves music so much and actually has the passion for it. I get really angry when I see bands who, when they become successful or really popular, say they never wanted any of it. Give it to me, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Sometimes things can go wrong though. Music industry sharks do still rip people off and screw bands out of the money they earned or get them into horrible contacts. An Example of this is Bruce Springsteen. After his huge success with the "Born To Run" album, his manager Mike Appel wanted, basically to control every aspect of his career, even down to the music it self. Springsteen sued him for control but in that time he couldn't go into the studio and record. He kept his career and band going with tours, thankfully, and eventually won the suit and went on to make more classic albums.

I pray that I never have to go through any of what Bruce went through, and I'll leave you with some early Bruce Springsteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment