Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oldie but Goodie

Writing a good song is hard, as I'm sure you've heard and I'm sure I've said many times throughout my blog history. Therefore, when I write a good song (some might say great song), forget it, and then months later remember it, a wonderful rainbow volcano erupts in my soul and I feel quite happy. Thats basically what happened to me a few days ago. I was just strum, strum, strummin' along on my guitar when suddenly this chord progression popped back into the good side of my brain where the happy dreams live. All the happy dreams in my head started to go crazy again. I was visualizing myself headlining Glastonbury Festival, 100,000 people going bananas when I ride out onto the stage on my Harley-Davidson, Undertaker style. We open with a cover of I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses and go on to play one of the most legendary sets Glastonbury's ever seen. With the exception of perhaps the Undertaker Motorcycle part (that would be diabolical) these are the dreams I know I can accomplish if I keep writing songs as good and better than this one that I've remembered. I'm not trying to say it's an anthem or anything like that, thats pretty preposterous but it's definitely among the best that I've written.

Now, I have gotten a request to post some of My music on my blogs, and believe me I would love to, but I haven't figured out how. I've tried but I don't think you can upload strait mp3 files onto a blog. SORRY

I'll leave you with a band that I mentioned before, and that I'm deeply slumped in a phase with at the moment. They're truly fantastic. They blew the doors wide open for real music in Britain in the 90's. Without them, music today would look very different. The Stone Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment